Please enter your registered mobile number below
This is a fish that resembles Hilsa in looks except the top part of the body is black in color (and hence called "Black Hilsa". Pretty widely sold in local market as a replacement for Hilsa, but this is a totally different fish that is Marine. Tastes pretty good and is fleshy. Here are the general kinds of cuts available.
- No Special Options or Whole: Fresh fish washed and packed as a whole.
- Fillet : Meat from the lateral sides of the fish is chopped and packed as boneless pieces. You will receive two pieces of boneless meat from each fish.
- Curry cut: Meat is chopped into small pieces which are ready to cook, either for preparing curry or to be fried
- Whole Cleaned: Scales removed or Skin-out as appropriate. Fish is cut with part of the head intact, meat is cleaned, but not cut in to smaller pieces. Pan-ready and readied to be fried as a whole in case of medium size fish
- Steaks: Cleaned whole fish is cut into good size pieces (steaks) so that all you have to do is just put it in the pan and...