Please enter your registered mobile number below
Subscribe to our newsletter
An OTP has been sent to your mobile number. Please type the OTP below to verify.
Goat fish are a very tasty variety of fish found in the Indian waters - they are not very common and are generally not found in the local market since they are exported. Very high in demand outside India. Taste is similar but better than the Tread Finn Bream (kilimeen)
Please note that unlike the fish market where the cutting happens on the whole fish that you take (and thus appears free), we actually charge you only for the final weight post cutting, so a fish that is cut will be much larger in final eatable weight than a whole fish. Here are the general kinds of cuts available (may vary from fish to fish). Please see the specific options available today on your left.
- No Special Options or Whole: Fresh fish washed and packed as a whole.
- Fillet : Meat from the lateral sides of the fish is chopped and packed as boneless pieces. You will receive two pieces of boneless meat from each fish.
- Curry cut: Meat is chopped into small pieces which are ready to cook, either for preparing curry or to be fried
- Whole Cleaned: Scales removed or Skin-out as appropriate. Fish is cut with part of the head intact, meat is cleaned, but not cut in to smaller pieces. Pan-ready and readied to be fried as a whole in case of medium size fish
- Steaks: Cleaned whole fish is cut into good size pieces (steaks) so that all you have to do is just put it in the pan and...
- Gutted: Intestinal part is removed from the whole fish in order to reduce the bacterial load and to increase the storage time. You will receive whole fish without the intestinal parts.